Welcome to the New School Year
Dear Arroyo Vista Elementary 2019-20 Wildcat Families
We are asking EVERY FAMILY to please visit www.ptav.org/fall by Wednesday, August 19th. The three classes with the most Fall Forms completed will get a surprise for the entire class! On these forms, you will have the opportunity to:
- Join our PTA. Your $7 membership donation will help to fund our PTA as well as to support efforts at the city and state levels. Every PTA membership includes our annual AV Student Directory.
- Contribute to our “NO SWEAT” fundraiser. In lieu of traditional fundraisers, we are asking each family to participate in our “No Sweat”. This is a one-time, suggested $150 tax-deductible donation, although any amount is appreciated.
- Volunteer Even though campus is closed at the moment, we still need your help!
- Subscribe to the Weekly Wildcat e-Newsletter and PTA Calendar
- Join our Google Groups by grade and language spoken at home (Korean, Spanish, and Mandarin are offered)
Thanks for all your support and we look forward to a great year ahead!
Karissa Adams, PTA President & Megan Gardner, Executive VP
Greeting from AV Teachers
Our amazing AV teachers are excited to meet their students tomorrow! Please take a moment to enjoy –and share with your child–their heartfelt welcome video. They have so much in store for you!
PTA Welcome Coffee: 8/13
Please join us for our annual back to school coffee and chat on Thursday August 13th at 10am. Drop your student off in their virtual classroom, grab your morning beverage, and watch the brief welcome back presentation from the Arroyo Vista PTA. We will walk you through how to complete all of the Fall Forms.
**Watch for Zoom link in your inbox.
Friday School-Wide Assembly
Students and parents, please join us from 8:30 -9:00am for our first school-wide assembly on Friday. Click HERE to join at the designated time.
General PTA Meeting: 8/19
Please mark your calendars for the FIRST General PTA Meeting of the 2020-2021 school year.
August 19, 2020 at 7pm.
We are excited to introduce Principal Sinclair and discuss the year ahead. Additionally, we will be voting to approve the 2020-2021 budget.
**Keep an eye on your email for the Zoom link!**
Let’s ensure our teachers can focus on teaching and not tech support! If your child is struggling with technical difficulties, try one of these options:
- Get help from an AV parent volunteer in your child’s class or grade: Click here for the parent helper list.
- Get help from SPUSD tech support: Hotline number (805) 285-2526 or [email protected]
If you know your way around Google Classroom and can help parents navigate minor technical issues, the AV teachers would love your help! Email Megan Gardner at [email protected] with your name, email address, and mobile phone number to be added to the list. We especially need TK helpers!
New Equity/Inclusion Committee
We are excited to introduce the Equity/Inclusion Committee coming soon to AV. Following the lead of our thoughtful and hardworking SPUSD School Board, AV PTA will be expanding it’s already existing Cultural Inclusion Committee to explore how to bring equity into the culture and classrooms of AV. Want to be involved? Keep an eye on the Weekly Wildcat for more information coming in the coming weeks.
Announcing 2020-21 Art Reflections Contest
[Cub Scout Pack 7 invites families of 1st-4th graders (all genders) to attend one of the following informational Zoom meetings: August 24, 7:00 p.m. OR August 25, 7:00 p.m. To receive Zoom invitation information, send an email to [email protected]