Special General PTA Meeting and Coffee with the Principal: 1/13
Please join our first General PTA meeting of the year to hear from PTA about any updates and vote on school spending proposals. Principal Sinclair will be giving a LIVE tour of our camps and updating on our first semester student academic performance.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 817 3093 1376
School Reopening Updates: TK-2nd Grade
- School Site Inspection scheduled for January 7, 2020.
- February 8 is the provisional return date for preschool special education students, transitional kindergarten, and kindergarten students and special education TK-2.
- February 16, 2021 is the provisional return date for students in 1st, and 2nd grades.
- Families who previously chose the Distance Learning option for their students will remain in Distance Learning for the remainder of the school year, even after in-person learning resumes.
- AV is prepared with all necessary safety equipment (in classes and around campus) and protocols for students to return.
- AV PTA and Staff are currently working on videos outlining all the necessary safety protocols and guidelines for students/parents when they return to campus.
- All three elementary school principals will host a Parent Town Hall in January to discuss more details of reopening plans.
- At this time, there are no waivers for grades 3-5 or secondary education.
- Link to Board Approved Hybrid Model Link to the School Reopening Plans
2021-2022 Executive Board Nominations
The newly formed Nominations Committee for the 2021-2022 PTA Executive Board will meet again in January to review nominations for Executive Board positions. If you would like to submit a nomination (you may nominate yourself or others) or if you have questions about the nomination process (or questions about the PTA or Executive Board in general) please contact Nominations Committee Chair, Cindy Shin at [email protected].
AV Dance Unit: Week 6
Ms. Alison’s Dance Class is underway!
This year, the theme is: Dancing through the Decades. Each week, Ms. Alison will send out a weekly dance tutorial that will end in a virtual flash mob to the song, “Put a Little Love in Your Heart.”
Join the live Zoom Workout on Wednesday January 13th at 2:30pm:
Meeting ID: 815 0405 6987
Click for the printable alphabet chart (pictured above).
Click HERE for an adorable and fun video of Whiskers and friends demonstrating how to do each exercise in the alphabet.
Popsicle Sales on PAUSE
The fifth grade promotion committee will be taking a break from selling popsicles in the month of December. If safety allows, we will be back with sweet frozen treats in January.
Elementary Wellness Classes
The 3 elementary schools are excited to offer Friday wellness classes to all SPUSD students. The classes will be led by Ms. Kristin Pittman, wellness coach, mindfulness educator and Marengo 5th grade teacher. The classes are optional, but a wonderful way for our students to connect with their grade level peers across the district.
Classes will begin this Friday, January 8th, at the following times:
10:00-10:30 AM for 2nd & 3rd Grade:
10:30-11:00 AM for TK, K & 1st Grade:
11:00-11:30 AM for 4th & 5th Grade:
New Contactless Supply Pickup
COVID Protocols for ALL Volunteers
Anyone volunteering at AV must complete online health screening and temp check before coming. Kid helpers will not be allowed on campus during volunteer shifts. Complete your health screening HERE.
AV Gives Back from Home
This holiday season, join us for some kid-friendly community service projects! Visit our AV Gives Back page to find ideas that can be done on your own time with items from around the house. Click on the link for project instructions, video demonstrations (with book readings!), and related printable activities. Don’t forget to email a pic of your completed creations to [email protected]!
[Contact [email protected] for more information.]
How to Use the Box Tops App
It just takes 2 easy steps to get started with the Box Tops App!
Step 2: Add your teachers last name (only one please) to the memo to get credit for your child’s class. Click HERE for a video tutorial.
South Pasadena Library Winter Virtual Children’s Programs 1/11-3/8. See the SP Library website for more details and information
[SPEF Fundraiser: Virtual Wine Tasting on 1/23. Register by 1/18 at SPEF4Kids .]
[2/6: Virtual Lunar New Year. Details at marengopta.org]
[Free meals for anyone 1-18. For more information call Food and Nutritional Services at (626) 441-5820 ext 2951 or 2950. Menu available at www.spusd.net. ]
[Connecting students to providers who treat mental health and substance use disorders. Email: [email protected]. Call: (888) 515-0595]