5th Grade Musical: Updates
We proudly present a sneak preview of the South Pasadena 5th Grade Musical: Matilda the Musical! Click HERE to view!
Virtual premier is on February 5th. Those who donated will receive a Youtube link that will be available to watch anytime after that date.
School Reopening Updates: TK-2nd Grade
- LATEST UPDATE: After closely reviewing the directives, receiving clarification from state officials, and reviewing legal opinions related to the directives, South Pasadena Unified School District must delay reopening for in-person instruction for general education and special education students in grades TK-2 to be compliant with the new regulations.
- Per the new guidance, elementary schools may return to in-person instruction when the county adjusted case rate is under 25 per 100,000 people for 5 consecutive days. Find the most current case rate and data tier information HERE.
- School Site Inspection successfully completed January 7, 2020.
- Families who previously chose the Distance Learning option for their students will remain in Distance Learning for the remainder of the school year, even after in-person learning resumes. Families will be notified of their assigned cohorts closer to reopening.
- AV is prepared with all necessary safety equipment (in classes and around campus) and protocols for students to return.
- AV PTA and Staff are currently working on videos outlining all the necessary safety protocols and guidelines for students/parents when they return to campus.
- At this time, there are no waivers for grades 3-5 or secondary education.
- Link to Board Approved Hybrid Model Link to the School Reopening Plans
- Watch all board meeting webcasts HERE.
- Please join us on Wednesday mornings at 9:30 am for Coffee with the Principal Zoom Link: spusd.zoom.us/j/84284875278 (ID: 84284875278)
SPUSD Pandemic Resource Guide
The AV Pandemic Resource Guide is chock full of useful community resources for families in need of support. Whether you are searching for a therapist, a tutor, or needing assistance with paying bills or securing affordable housing, this guide has you covered. Stay tuned…we have Resource Guides in Spanish, Korean, and Mandarin on the way. Thank you to Amy DeGaetano and the AV Equity Committee for their work in creating this helpful guide. The Pandemic Resource Guide can also be found HERE on the AV Website.
AV Dance Unit: Week 6
Ms. Alison’s Dance Class is underway!
This year, the theme is: Dancing through the Decades. Each week, Ms. Alison will send out a weekly dance tutorial that will end in a virtual flash mob to the song, “Put a Little Love in Your Heart.”
Join the live Zoom Workout on Wednesday February 3rd at 2:30pm:
Meeting ID: 815 0405 6987
Click for the printable alphabet chart (pictured above).
Click HERE for an adorable and fun video of Whiskers and friends demonstrating how to do each exercise in the alphabet.
AV Spirit Day: 2/5
Friday, January 29th is our next Spirit Day. The theme is “Super Bowl Spirit” OR “AV Spirit.” Bring some touchdown fun or school pride to your zooms that day!
Check the PTA calendar for more Spirit Days to come.
AV Volunteer Log
Calling all AV Volunteers! If you volunteered this either at home or at school, please log your hours HERE. Tracking volunteer hours helps us keep our non-profit status. Thank you for your help!
Friday Popsicles are Back
5th Grade Promotion Fundraiser
[Berry Opera will donate a portion of all sales to the 5th Grade Promotion.]
AV Gives Back from Home
[Contact [email protected] for more information.]
Elementary Wellness Classes
The 3 elementary schools are excited to offer Friday wellness classes to all SPUSD students. The classes will be led by Ms. Kristin Pittman, wellness coach, mindfulness educator and Marengo 5th grade teacher. The classes are optional, but a wonderful way for our students to connect with their grade level peers across the district.
Classes will begin this Friday, January 8th, at the following times:
10:00-10:30 AM for 2nd & 3rd Grade:
10:30-11:00 AM for TK, K & 1st Grade:
11:00-11:30 AM for 4th & 5th Grade:
2021-2022 Executive Board Nominations
The newly formed Nominations Committee for the 2021-2022 PTA Executive Board will meet again in January to review nominations for Executive Board positions. If you would like to submit a nomination (you may nominate yourself or others) or if you have questions about the nomination process (or questions about the PTA or Executive Board in general) please contact Nominations Committee Chair, Cindy Shin at [email protected].
COVID Protocols for ALL Volunteers
Anyone volunteering at AV must complete online health screening and temp check before coming. Kid helpers will not be allowed on campus during volunteer shifts. Complete your health screening HERE.
How to Use the Box Tops App
It just takes 2 easy steps to get started with the Box Tops App!
Step 2: Add your teachers last name (only one please) to the memo to get credit for your child’s class. Click HERE for a video tutorial.
[Register at HERE. Classes begin online, 2/1.]
[Take an introductory private 30-min lesson for $10. Call (626) 808-4031 or email [email protected].]
[Registration for South Pasadena Little League baseball and softball EXTENDED to 2/15. ]
[SPEF Fundraiser 2/26. Sign up and more information at SPEF4Kids.org]
[South Pasadena Library Winter Virtual Children’s Programs 1/11-3/8. See the SP Library website for more details and information]
[2/6: Virtual Lunar New Year. Details at marengopta.org]
[2021 Bookmark Contest, 2/1 – 3/1. Visit South Pasadena Library online for more information.]
[Free meals for anyone 1-18. For more information call Food and Nutritional Services at (626) 441-5820 ext 2951 or 2950. Menu available at www.spusd.net. ]
[Connecting students to providers who treat mental health and substance use disorders. Email: [email protected]. Call: (888) 515-0595]