Welcome to the New School Year!
Dear Arroyo Vista Wildcat Families,
The AV Parent Teacher Association (PTA) would like to welcome you all to the 2023-2024 school year! We look forward to our beloved traditions and programs; such as Family Movie Night, Family Science Night, AV Marketplace, Jog-a-Thon and the All School Sing. Our plan for the year includes a great balance of educational enrichment programs, community building events, community service events and fundraisers. Our strategy for success relies on close collaboration between our families, volunteers, our amazing teachers & staff and our new Principal, Emily Blaney. I am confident that the AV PTA will rise to the challenge of upholding both our stated mission, “supporting teachers, parents and children” and that of the National PTA, “one child, one voice.” We will keep the AV Spirit alive and ensure ALL feel included, supported and welcomed in our community.
We are asking EVERY FAMILY to please visit ptav.org/fall by Wednesday August 23rd. The 3 classrooms with the most Fall Forms completed will get a popsicle party for the entire class! On these forms, you will have the opportunity to:
- Donated to our “NO SWEAT” fundraiser. In lieu of traditional fundraisers, we are asking each family to participate in our “No Sweat” fundraiser. This is a one-time $150 tax-deductible donation directly to supporting the variety of student programs, assemblies, services, events, and technology that AV PTA brings to our children!(Suggested Amount, All Donations Are Appreciated) Where is my donation going?
- Volunteer! Whether you can come to school or work behind the scenes, we need your HELP! There is a role to fit everyone’s schedule.
- Join our PTA. Your $8 membership donation will help to fund our PTA as well as to support the efforts at the city and state levels. Every PTA membership includes access to our annual AV Directory.
- Subscribe to the Weekly Wildcat E-Newsletter!
We encourage you to get involved with our PTA! Thanks for all of your support. We look forward to a great year ahead.
Erik Gammell, PTA President and Patti Urzua, Executive VP
Click here to complete forms now!
Arrival & Dismissal
On August 15 and 16, parents/family members may walk their student(s) to their classrooms.
Students in grades 1-5 may enter through any gate or utilize the drop-off lanes on El Centro and Cawston. Students in SDC, TK & K should enter and exit through their assigned gate listed below.
Gate Assignments for Dismissal Only:
- El Centro Street Gate: 1st and 3rd Grade (Kawakami & Diaz)
- Kinder Cawston Ave. Gate 1: Kindergarten, SDC K-2
- Cawston Ave. Gate 2: SDC Preschool (arrival and pick-up), PM TK
- Cawston Ave. Gate 3: 5th Grade
- Doran St. Gate: 2nd, 3rd (Bose, Cabot, Mukhopadhyay) and 4th grade
All students that attend an after school program will meet at the lunch tables.
Popsicle Sales Are BACK!
Grab a frozen treat and support our 5th graders EVERY Tuesday, beginning August 15th!
Share Your Community Photos!
Send AV Photos to [email protected]
We would love to have your best AV photos from the year for our archive! Email photos to [email protected] any time throughout the year.
Do You Have Questions?
¿Tienes preguntas? El maestro de su hija/o o la oficina principal pueden ponerlos en contacto con una familia en AV que hable español.
질문 사항이 있으십니까?자녀의 담임선생님 이나 학교 사무실에서 필요한 언어를 사용하는 학부모와 연결해 드립니다.