There are many ways to be involved at Arroyo Vista, and many of the events and programs we run would not happen without the time, dedication, and hard work of our fabulous volunteers. Please see descriptions of these events below.
The PTA Volunteer Coordinator for the 2017-2018 school year is Rachel Walsh, [email protected]
- 5th Grade Promotion / Friday Popsicle Sales: Assist with Friday after-school Popsicle sales and preparation for 5th grade promotion.
- All City Track Meet: Assist at practices and on day of event.
- Art Volunteer: Work with your child’s teacher to organize and implement engaging art activities in the classroom.
- Art Happenings: Work with Marty Freeman, AV Art Docent, to help provide a creative activity for students after school. The kids LOVE these activities but we really need more parent hands to help on these days!!
- Book Fair: Work a shift during the fall and/or spring book fairs
- Box Tops for Education: Help to collect and organize clipped Box Tops to send in to earn AV money for supplemental items (sports equipment, copy needs, classroom materials, etc)
- Jog-a-thon: Help set up and/or clean-up, mark students’ laps, serve water, etc. during this event.
- Library Volunteer: Assist Mrs. Baydaline in the library.
- Picture Day: Help organize children for school photos.
- Read Across America: Help with activities and classroom reading at this fun all school event to celebrate Dr. Seuss and Children’s love of reading.
- Red Ribbon Week: Help with activities and events during the week long celebration.
- Science Fair: Help set up science fair experiments.
- Sports Day: Help supervise, engage children, and interact with sports activities and games.
- Talent Show: Assist at auditions and performances to keep the show running smoothly.
- Vision & Hearing Screening: Help organize the K, 2, 5 students.
- AV Marketplace: Really fun new event! Kids make and sell their own goods. Help organize, set up tables, clean up.
- Other: Please tell us your skills and how you’d like to help out.
Dates subject to change.
Please fill out the Volunteer Checklist form below. Your information will be submitted to the appropriate Committee Chairs.
*indicates required fields