Welcome to the New School Year!
Dear Arroyo Vista Wildcat Families,
The AV Parent Teacher Association (PTA) would like to welcome you all to the 2022-23 school year! We are looking forward to our beloved traditions and programs–such as Family Movie Night, Family Science Night, AV Gives Back, and the Jog-a-Thon fundraiser. Our plan for the year includes a great balance of educational enrichment programs, community building events, community service events, and fundraisers; and our strategy for success relies on close collaboration with families, parent volunteers, our amazing teachers, and our exceptional principal. I am confident that AV PTA will rise to the challenge of upholding both our stated mission, “supporting teachers, parents, and children,” and that of the National PTA, “one child, one voice.” We will keep the AV spirit alive and ensure that ALL feel included, supported and welcomed in our community.
We are asking EVERY FAMILY to please visit ptav.org/fall by Wednesday, August 17th. The three classes with the most Fall Forms completed will get a Popsicle party for the entire class! On these forms, you will have the opportunity to:
- Donate to our “NO SWEAT” fundraiser. In lieu of traditional fundraisers, we are asking each family to participate in our “No Sweat” fundraiser. This is a one-time $150 tax-deductible donation (suggested amount, although all donations are appreciated). Do you want to know where your fall donations are going and how they are being used?
- Volunteer! Whether you can come to school or work behind the scenes, we need your HELP! There is a job to fit everyone’s schedule and lifestyle. Check out our volunteer opportunities HERE.
- Join our PTA. Your $8 membership donation will help to fund our PTA as well as to support efforts at the city and state levels. Every PTA membership includes access to our annual AV Student Directory.
- Subscribe to Weekly Wildcat E-Newsletter!
We encourage you to get involved in our PTA! Thanks for all your support. We look forward to a great year ahead.
Erik Gammell, PTA President and Patti Urzua, Executive VP
Please email Erik or Patti any time with questions.
Click here to complete forms now!
Arrival & Dismissal
GATE ASSIGNMENTS FOR ARRIVAL:
Students in grades 1-5 may enter through any gate. Students in SDC, TK and K should enter and exit through their assigned gate listed below. You may walk your children to the gate or drop them off via the drop off lane on El Centro or Cawston.
Parents or family members may walk their student(s) to their classrooms on Thursday and Friday of the first week of school.
GATE ASSIGNMENTS FOR DISMISSAL ONLY:
Pick-up/dismissal will occur from the following assigned gates.
- El Centro Gate: 1st (Simon & Ramirez) and 3rd Grade (Thieme & Diaz)
- Kinder Cawston St. Gate 1: Kinders (arrival and pick-up), K-1 SDC students and 1st (Jara & Jones)
- Cawston St. Gate 2 (gate north of the new building): SDC Preschool and 5th Grade
- Cawston St. Gate 3 (gate south of the new building): TK (arrival and pick-up) and 1st (Smith)
- Doran Gate: 2nd, 3rd (Bose, Cabot, Mukhopadhyay) and 4th grade
All students that attend an after school program should meet at the lunch tables.
AV Celebrates Latino Heritage Month
Share Your Community Photos!
Send AV Photos to [email protected]
We would love to have your best AV photos from the year for our archive! Email photos to [email protected] any time throughout the year.
Do You Have Questions?
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Erik Gammell, PTA President, or Patti Urzua PTA Executive Vice President.
¿Tienes preguntas? El maestro de su hija/o o la oficina principal pueden ponerlos en contacto con una familia en AV que hable español.
질문 사항이 있으십니까?자녀의 담임선생님 이나 학교 사무실에서 필요한 언어를 사용하는 학부모와 연결해 드립니다.