Fall Forms Are Due Wednesday 8/18!
AV PTA is asking EVERY FAMILY to complete
the 2021-2022 Fall Forms online by
Wednesday, August 18th
The three classes with the most Fall Forms completed will get a Popsicle party for the entire class! On these forms, you will have the opportunity to:
- Donate to our “NO SWEAT” fundraiser. In lieu of traditional fundraisers, we are asking each family to participate in our “No Sweat” fundraiser. This is a one-time $150 tax-deductible donation (suggested amount, although all donations are appreciated). Do you want to know where your fall donations are going and how they are being used?
- Volunteer! Whether you can come to school or work behind the scenes, we need your HELP! There is a job to fit everyone’s schedule and lifestyle. Check out our volunteer opportunities HERE.
- Join our PTA. Your $8 membership donation will help to fund our PTA as well as to support efforts at the city and state levels. Every PTA membership includes access to our annual AV Student Directory.
- Subscribe to Weekly Wildcat E-Newsletter!
We encourage you to get involved in our PTA! Thanks for all your support. We look forward to a great year ahead. Read our full Welcome letter here. Please email Megan or Erik any time with questions any time!
Megan Gardner, PTA President and Erik Gammell, Executive VP
¿Tienes preguntas? El maestro de su hija/o o la oficina principal pueden ponerlos en contacto con una familia en AV que hable español.
질문 사항이 있으십니까?자녀의 담임선생님 이나 학교 사무실에서 필요한 언어를 사용하는 학부모와 연결해 드립니다.
Traffic Around Arroyo Vista
As we return to school, the PTA would like to remind everyone that the safety of our students, staff and families is of the utmost importance.
- Please take your time when driving around campus.
- Utilize crosswalks & crossing guards.
- Do not double park or park in front of our neighbors’ driveways at drop-off.
- Parents please remain in the vehicle when utilizing drop-off lanes.
*We encourage walking and biking! There is a bike locker on campus for kids to store their bikes and scooters.
Dismissal Procedure Updates
Dear First and Third Grade AV Families,
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through welcoming back 710 AV Wildcats in a safe and orderly fashion! In an effort to lessen the congestion at the El Centro gate during afternoon dismissal, we’ve made the following adjustments to our gate assignments for dismissal only. All First and third grade students will continue to use the El Centro Gate for arrival.
- El Centro Gate: Mrs. Ramirez and Mrs. Sysock
- Kinder Gate on Cawston: Mrs. Jara and Mrs. Jones
- Cawston Gate south of Kinder Gate: Ms. Arreola
- El Centro Gate: Cabot and Dr. Mukhopadhyay
- Cawston Gate south of Kinder Gate: Ms. Tait-Enroth
- Doran Gate back of school by the playground: Diaz/Tolleson and Mrs. Bose
DORAN GATE CHANGES:
ALSO: For the next few weeks at least until staffing needs are met and kinks are worked through, the DORAN GATE will be WALK-UP ONLY. Please park and walk.
Thank you so much for your continued support!
Back to School Night/Wish Night – 8/19 (Virtual)
Back to School Night and Wish Night are on Thursday August 19th. We will follow the schedule below. Please note that students in grades 1-5 will be dismissed at 2:00 that day so the teachers have time to prepare.
6:00-6:45 PM – 3rd-5th Grade Classroom Presentations
7:00-7:45 PM – TK-2nd Grade Classroom Presentations
8:00-8:30 PM – Principal’s Thank You
Our wonderful teachers are looking forward to introducing themselves and discussing what to expect in their classrooms this school year. Presentations will be virtual, so parents please check your email for Zoom links from your students’ teachers. During these presentations, you will also learn about Wish Night. Your donations to the Wish Night fundraiser go directly to your child’s classroom to pay for items on your child’s teacher’s wish list.
Here’s the link for the BTSN welcome webinar:
First PTA Meeting of the School Year
Please join us on Wednesday, September 15th at 7pm for our first PTA General Association meeting of the school year. This meeting will be held virtually. We look forward to seeing you there. Future meetings are scheduled for the following dates:
All meetings are held on Wednesdays at 7pm. Additional meetings may be added.
Our First Day of School!
Staff Appreciation Lunch
On Friday, August 13th, the AV PTA celebrated the start of the new school year and our wonderful staff with the year’s first Staff Appreciation Lunch! The lunch included delicious food and drinks generously provided by La Monarca Bakery, HomeState, and Charlie’s Coffee House. Trader Joe’s also provided flowers and Target donated decor and supplies for the staff lounge. Big thanks to these businesses for helping to make this a special day for our staff!
Thank you again to all of the AV staff for a great start to the new school year and for their dedication to our kids! Another thank you goes out to Minsun Meeker and Anna Festa for organizing this event for our staff!
Save the Date – AV Movie Night 2021 !
Mark your calendars and save the date for Friday, August 27th. Arroyo Vista Movie Night 2021 returns this year and we are so excited!
Stay tuned for more details!
Reflections Art Celebration & Contest
Do you enjoy art, music, photography, film, writing or dance? Join us and have fun unleashing your inner artist with the PTA Reflections. The National PTA Reflections Art Program has been bringing the arts to life for more than 10 million students since 1969. This year’s theme is “I Will Change the World By…” Students use the theme as an inspiration for their art.
Special Artist Division for students who identify as having a disability.
Visit the Reflections national art gallery for inspiration and to learn more about prizes and scholarships: PTA Reflections
Please email Reflections chair, Cami Zappaterra for questions or more information.
If you are a parent passionate about the arts and would like to help coordinate we are looking for either a co-chair or adult helpers that can spread the word to the AV community.
Submissions are due by October 15th.
Important Fall Dates
The PTA has compiled a list of important dates. Please click here to review and/or print it.
Subscribe to the Weekly Wildcat and PTA Calendar
Visit ptav.org/subscribe to learn how. If you are no longer an AV parent, you can unsubscribe from this list.
Arroyo Vista Elementary 2021-22 Bell Schedule
[Click HERE for a printable 2021-22 Bell Schedule]
Interested in Boy Scouts?!
Cub Scout Pack 7 invites families of 1st-4th graders (all genders) to the following events at Garfield Park (north end of the park near the tennis courts):
Informational Meet & Greet
- Saturday, August 21st between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m.
Registration Nights (come to one)
- Tuesday, August 24th, 6:00 p.m. OR Wednesday, August 25th, 6:00 p.m.
We’ll let you know what Cub Scouts is and what we do. We’ll let you know how to join and answer all your questions. Feel free to send questions to [email protected].