Back to School Night was a huge success!! We hope you enjoyed seeing what your child will be learning and experiencing this year, and appreciate any support you are able to offer their teacher. You can “grant wishes” any time throughout the year, but donating early allows our teachers to budget and plan accordingly. If your company offers corporate matching, you can DOUBLE your wish-granting! Thanks again for your support!
Donate online at ptav.org/wish-night, or mail a check and your donation form to: Arroyo Vista, Attn: Wish Night, 335 El Centro St.
General PTA Meeting – August 24th
Join us VIRTUALLY for our first General PTA Meeting of the school year, Wednesday, August 24th at 7pm!
Click here for zoom meeting link.
AV Traffic Reminders
- Please take your time when driving around campus.
- Utilize crosswalks & crossing guards.
- Please don’t double park while dropping off or picking up.
- There is no right turn onto Cawston in the mornings.
- Doran (Back Gate) is closed to cars, except residents, during arrival & dismissal.
AV Gives Back – AV Free Pantry
HELP LOCAL FAMILIES! AV families can donate to our AV Free Pantry collection bin by Lost & Found all year! Donated items will be distributed to South Pasadena families in need. We’re collecting:
- Non-Perishable Food Items
- Unused Hygiene Items & Toilet Paper
- Household Cleaning Items
Email Kelly Kwan with questions.
Popsicle Sales Are BACK!
Grab a frozen treat and support our 5th graders EVERY Tuesday!
Arrival & Dismissal
GATE ASSIGNMENTS FOR ARRIVAL:
Students in grades 1-5 may enter through any gate. Students in SDC, TK and K should enter and exit through their assigned gate listed below. You may walk your children to the gate or drop them off via the drop off lane on El Centro or Cawston.
GATE ASSIGNMENTS FOR DISMISSAL ONLY:
Pick-up/dismissal will occur from the following assigned gates.
- El Centro Gate: 1st (Simon & Ramirez) and 3rd Grade (Thieme & Diaz)
- Kinder Cawston St. Gate 1: Kinders (arrival and pick-up), K-1 SDC students and 1st (Jara & Jones)
- Cawston Ave. Gate 2: 1st (Smith) and 5th Grade
- Cawston Ave. Gate 3: TK and SDC Preschool (arrival and pick-up)
- Doran Gate: 2nd, 3rd (Bose, Cabot, Mukhopadhyay) and 4th grade
All students that attend an after school program should meet at the lunch tables.
Share Your Photos!
Send AV Photos to [email protected]
We would love to have your best AV photos from the year for our archive! Email photos to [email protected] any time throughout the year.
Do You Have Questions?
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Erik Gammell, PTA President, or Patti Urzua PTA Executive Vice President.
¿Tienes preguntas? El maestro de su hija/o o la oficina principal pueden ponerlos en contacto con una familia en AV que hable español.
질문 사항이 있으십니까?자녀의 담임선생님 이나 학교 사무실에서 필요한 언어를 사용하는 학부모와 연결해 드립니다.