AV Fall Book Fair
Help Make Your 5th Graders Final Year at AV Memorable!
5th Grade Parents!
Schedule Changes for Conference Week
Next week, from Monday 11/15 through Friday 11/19, parent-teacher conferences will be taking place in the afternoons. Students in grades 1-5 will be dismissed at 12:30 EVERY DAY that week. Grab and go sack lunches will be available. TK and Kindergarten will remain on their same schedule.
The Year Long Wildcat Adventure Continues in November
Record your participation at ptav.org/wildcat for the AV Gives Back November projects.
AV Gives Back…At Home!
AV Equity Committee – Cancelled 11/11
AV Equity Committee meeting for November 11th will be CANCELLED in observance of Veteran’s Day. The next meeting will be Thursday, December 9th at 7pm.
Hope to see you there!
AV Equity Co-chairs,
Patti Urzua, Amber Jaeger & Andy Perry
Know Anyone Who Could Help with this Project?
The pulley system used to hang large banners over the stage at AV needs a revamp. Maybe you are a set-designer or gaffer? Or maybe you know someone who is? Please reach out to Megan ([email protected]) or Erik ([email protected]) if you think you can help.
AV Traffic Reminders
Over the past few weeks traffic has increased around campus and this has created some safety concerns for our students and families. The AV PTA would like to remind everyone that the safety of our students, staff and families is of the utmost importance.
- Please take your time when driving around campus.
- Be extra cautious when driving through intersections and be on the lookout for pedestrians in the crosswalks.
- When possible, park a few blocks away from campus and walk to & from the gate.
- Utilize crosswalks & crossing guards. Please do not j-walk, walk in the street, or cross without the guard.
- Let’s be good neighbors and not block driveways.
- Please do not park or drop off your child in red zones or double park.
- We encourage walking and biking! There is a bike locker on campus for kids to store their bikes and scooters.
3rd Grade Parents Needed!
Each month, a different grade will be asked to volunteer to keep our drop-off lanes running. Without volunteers, we will have to close the lanes. November is 3rd grade month! If you are a 3rd grade parent, please, please, please sign up for a day or 3 or 4. We need 4 volunteers per day! Sign Up HERE.
Do You Have Questions?
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Megan Gardner, PTA President, or Erik Gammell, PTA Executive Vice President.
¿Tienes preguntas? El maestro de su hija/o o la oficina principal pueden ponerlos en contacto con una familia en AV que hable español.
질문 사항이 있으십니까?자녀의 담임선생님 이나 학교 사무실에서 필요한 언어를 사용하는 학부모와 연결해 드립니다.